Basic Stages of Funeral Arrangement
Funeral arrangement falls into several basic stages.
If a foreign citizen dies in Moscow
- First of all you are to call the police and the ambulance that register the fact of death and help transport the decedent to the mortuary. Note that transportation of decedents in Moscow is performed by the Health Department service and is free of charge.
- If a foreign citizen dies in Moscow the decedent is transported to one of the forensic study laboratories. The medical death certificate is issued the next day at the morgue registration desk.
Please note! If a foreign citizen was officially employed in Russia, the employer is to be informed as soon as possible. Employers are responsible for their foreign employees and assist in transporting the decedent to the country of permanent residence.
Every foreign citizen arriving in Russia is to be registered in the Federal Migration Service by the host side (employer, friends, relatives, hotel staff). If a foreign citizen dies in Russia the Federal Migration Service is to be informed to take the decedent off the register.
If a foreign citizen originally came to Russia as tourist the death is to be reported to the consulate. The consulate assists in transportation of the deceased to the country of permanent residence.
Irrespective of the situation the host side is to inform the relatives of the decedent as soon as possible.
- In order to observe the legislation and to simplify the procedure of transportation it’s preferable to address one of Moscow’s funeral homes experienced in international transportation issues. The funeral director in charge can assist in collecting the necessary documents as well as provide consultation concerning the legal issues and order the funeral products required for transportation.
Please note! The transportation of the deceased to another region or country will require:
- medical death certificate (obtained in morgue)
- certified death certificate (obtained in civil registry office)
- the embalming certificate (provided by the morgue)
- Health Inspection Services permit
- zinc container
- sealing of zinc container (provided by the funeral home)
- certificate of the absence of alien enclosures (issued by the funeral home providing the sealing procedure)
- loading the zinc container into the hearse for further transportation to the airport or railway station.
The funeral home RITUAL offers professional services in transportation including:
- assembling the necessary documents
- placing the casket into the zinc container
- sealing the container
- managing the transportation within Russia and abroad
- cooperating with funeral homes from all over the world for the quick and safe transportation of the deceased to their country of residence.
Feel free to contact us anytime +7 (495) 642-28-83, and +7 (495) 642-28-84 if you need immediate assistance, or if you would like to get more information about our services.
A Russian citizen dies abroad
If a Russian citizen dies during a temporary visit abroad the death is registered in the respective medical institution. After that the decedent is transported home according to the insurance contract.
The Russian consulate assists in obtaining the necessary documents and transporting the Russian citizens to Russia.
Before the decedent is transported to Russia it is recommended to contact one of the Moscow funeral homes for cooperation. The Russian funeral directors take care of the container and arrange the transportation and burial on the Russian territory.
The funeral home RITUAL has extensive experience in transporting the decedents both within Russia, to Russia and abroad.
In case you have any questions or need assistance do not hesitate to call us +7 (495) 642-28-83 and +7 (495) 642-28-84.